Founded in 1964, our Association and its members have built a strong local tradition and enjoyed a sense of community, through the hard work of volunteer boards and members. In days past, social gatherings such as dances, memorials, presentations, and visits both to and from other Cretan Associations helped our association preserve and promote our shared Cretan culture and heritage. We continue this proud tradition today.
The Board of Directors is comprised of the following:
Director of Social Affairs
Director of Members' Affairs
Director of Communications and Social Media
The Association engages various committees made up of Directors and members to provide programming relevant to our Association.
Led by a dynamic Board of Directors and an engaged membership, our Association is very active in the wider Cretan and Hellenic Communities both in the City of Hamilton and abroad.
The aims and objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To promote and assist those of Cretan heritage in the wider Greek and Canadian communities.
- To further enhance the integration of those of Cretan heritage in to Canadian society.
- To represent all of those with Cretan heritage in the Hamilton and surrounding communities.
- To assist members and to encourage the participation of the next generation of youth with Cretan Heritage, through immersive musical, dance, and social venues.
- To provide activities ( educational and cultural) that will serve to enlighten those of Cretan descent as to the many facets of their shared culture.
- To encourage our membership’s connections to other Cretan organizations worldwide.
- To educate the wider non-Cretan community about Cretan culture.
We accomplish this through an immersive Cultural Program and engaging Calendar of Events, working individually as an Association and in collaboration with other cultural organizations.
Charalambos Bob Troulinos